ArgEditor - an editor for F1GP
In early 1992, Geoff Crammond and Microprose released Formula One Grand Prix. The rest, as they say, is history.
Quite soon, a number of tools and editors appeared for the game. These were excellent pieces of software, but time has moved on, and most of them unfortunately do not work on modern versions of Windows.
ArgEditor is a fresh take on an F1GP editor which works on all recent versions of Windows.
- Update the names of teams and drivers
- Set computer car horsepower levels and driver performance levels
- Paint cars, pit crew clothing and helmets
- Full undo/redo functionality when editing
- Update the points system
- Create and edit car setup files
- and more!
To begin your editing adventure download ArgEditor now and go to the introduction page to get started!
Are you interested in editing F1GP tracks? Check out ArgTrack!
- Windows XP, Vista SP1, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- F1GP (European) or World Circuit (US) version 1.05, including decompressed files
Please send any feedback to email@example.com
This simple piece of software stands on the shoulders of giants. Huge gratitude goes out to:
- Steve Smith - for the amazing F1Ed
- Trevor Kellaway - for an endless number of F1GP utilities, including GPEditor
- Steven Young - for GP2edit and GP3edit, inspiring the driver performance calculation
- Paul Hoad - for the C++ code for calculating F1GP file checksums he sent me in 1998
- Hrvoje Štimac - additional research material
- Barrie Millar - additional research material
ArgEditor is powered by the ArgData API, for which the source code is available on GitHub.
Remember that it is better to be safe than sorry! Please make a backup of your F1GP folder before using this software.